Louisiana Children's Discovery Center 2016 5th Annual Regional Spelling Bee winners:
- Champion – Marshall Pentes, 7th grader at Runnels/Baton Rouge
- 2nd place – Abhirami Jeyaseelan, 7th grader at Glasgow Middle/Baton Rouge
- 3rd place – Isaac Phillips, 4th grader at D.C. Reeves/Ponchatoula
Congratulations to all of our contestants!
Left to Right:
3rd place winner, Isaac Phillips, 4th grader at D.C. Reeves/Ponchatoula
Ms. Carolyn Schwebel, LCDC Education Director and Coordinator of Louisiana Regional Spelling Bee
Champion, Marshall Pentes, 7th grader at Runnels/Baton Rouge
Ms. Anna Bass, Pronouncer
2nd place winner, Abhirami Jeyaseelan, 7th grader at Glasgow Middle/Baton Rouge
Mr. Leon Philpot, Executive Director of the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center
Our Champion, Marshall Pentes, will represent the LCDC at the 2016 Scripps National Spelling Bee in National Harbor, Maryland on May 22-27, 2016!
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
- Samuel Louis Sugarman, for their donation of a 2016 United States Mint Proof Set
- Merriam-Webster, for their donation of the following:
The Britannica Online Premium Award, a certificate for a free one-year subscription
Webster's Third New International Dictionary
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
For more information on our annual Spelling Bee please contact our Educational Director Carolyn Schwebel at Carolyn@lcdcofhammond.org, or by calling us at 985-340-9150.