Job Overview: We are looking for fun and energetic workers to join our team. Playing with guests is what we do best, so positive and happy attitudes are a must. Join the fun and see what being an LCDC Playologist is all about!
- Guest assistance - leading large group activities and special events as necessary.
- Assisting with painting, sculpting, and building a fun environment suitable for children.
- Actively engaging guests by playing with them in exhibits, answering questions and providing any necessary assistance.
- Maintaining current exhibits (i.e. monitoring for safety and cleanliness, picking up toys and props).
- Coordinating and performing day to day Exhibit Zones operations and procedures to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
- Completing opening and closing responsibilities each day for each Exhibit Zone.
- Must have a minimum availability of 3 days a week
- Applicant must be fun and happy spirited.
- Must posse creative skills in art and craft techniques preferred.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center.
- Competency in multitasking and time management; Possess a can-do work attitude; Detail oriented.
- Possess a warm, friendly, positive attitude and have plenty of energy. Ability to work in an active and child-centered play environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Occasionally be able to lift up 50 pounds.
Job Overview: We want individuals who are customer service oriented and enthusiastic to host birthday parties according to the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center guidelines and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the LCDC and its mission in a professional manner.
- Be a host/hostess of the LCDC with great enthusiasm and interact with children and adults.
- Prepare birthday party room with decoration setup including balloons, tablecloths, goodie bags, craft supplies, paper goods, etc.
- Greet customers and act as liaison to family
- Be available for guests at all times in the party room or at front desk
- Serve food to guests including pizza (if applicable), ice cream, and cake
- Assist front desk staff with final payment from client on the day of the party and fill out related paperwork for keeping accurate documentation
- Clean up post birthday party and prepare for next party
Qualifications Including but not limited to those of a Playologist:
- Have all day weekend availability
- Interact with clients while walking, standing, bending and/or stooping for long periods of time
To apply, fill out the form below.