Job Overview: We are looking for fun and energetic workers to join our team for our Weekday Shifts this fall. Playing with guests is what we do best, so positive and happy attitudes are a must. Join the fun and see what being an LCDC Playologist is all about!
- Guest assistance - leading large group activities and special events as necessary.
- Assisting with painting, sculpting, and building a fun environment suitable for children.
- Actively engaging guests by playing with them in exhibits, answering questions and providing any necessary assistance.
- Maintaining current exhibits (i.e. monitoring for safety and cleanliness, picking up toys and props).
- Coordinating and performing day to day Exhibit Zones operations and procedures to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
- Completing opening and closing responsibilities each day for each Exhibit Zone.
- Must have a minimum availability of 4 days a week
- Applicant must be fun and happy spirited.
- Must posse creative skills in art and craft techniques preferred.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center.
- Competency in multitasking and time management; Possess a can-do work attitude; Detail oriented.
- Possess a warm, friendly, positive attitude and have plenty of energy. Ability to work in an active and child-centered play environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Occasionally be able to lift up 50 pounds.
Job Overview: We want individuals who are customer service oriented and enthusiastic to host birthday parties according to the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center guidelines and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the LCDC and its mission in a professional manner.
- Be a host/hostess of the LCDC with great enthusiasm and interact with children and adults.
- Prepare birthday party room with decoration setup including balloons, tablecloths, goodie bags, craft supplies, paper goods, etc.
- Greet customers and act as liaison to family
- Be available for guests at all times in the party room or at front desk
- Serve food to guests including pizza (if applicable), ice cream, and cake
- Assist front desk staff with final payment from client on the day of the party and fill out related paperwork for keeping accurate documentation
- Clean up post birthday party and prepare for next party
Qualifications Including but not limited to those of a Playologist:
- Have all day weekend availability
- Interact with clients while walking, standing, bending and/or stooping for long periods of time
To apply, fill out the form below.